CHELSEA J GIBSON - singer extraordinaire!
Alluring and charming, Chelsea J Gibson is an exceptional WA talent with a range of vocal and musical skills that will leave you begging for more!
A Top 20 'Australian Idol' finalist in 2003, Chelsea's artistry covers a huge rang e of styles from pop, blues, jazz, rock, soul and musical theatre. As well as her extensive vocal repertoire she also plays the piano, drums and harmonica.
Chelsea can offer a wide range of shows to be tailored to your needs - from solo gigs performing some of your favourite songs to 'Norah Jones' and 'Alicia Keys' tribute shows, a Moulin Rouge inspired show and a high energy dance 'Shakira' style Latin show with back up dancers as well as performances with her bands - you name it and we are sure she can provide it!
With her new band 'Chelsea J and the Juice Extractors', she is currently making her way into the Perth Jazz scene with successful performances at Perth's premiere jazz club Ellington, Jazz Freo and the Perth Jazz Society shows.
She is also a regular face at the Perth Blues Club, most recently with her band 'Chelsea Gibson and the Green Ginger Band' (with her father on keys!)
On top of all this Chelsea is currently working on her debut album - a huge production of choirs and orchestral arrangements with well-known producer James Hewgill. Chelsea describes her original music as 'Anthemic' - like rock anthems. She has just finished a film clip for the title track of the album 'Enjoy the Journey', which can be viewed on You Tube, and will be showcased as the in-flight song for New Zealand airlines, as well as ABC TV's music program 'Rage'.
Chelsea has worked extensively overseas in China, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia (where she recently performed her 'Norah Jones' tribute show to great acclaim) and America. Whilst in the USA she performed live on the TV show 'Fast Track to Fame' at Planet Hollywood Studios in Los Angeles to an international audience of over 40 million and also sang at the famous 'Cats Meow' in New Orleans.
Her singing and songwriting talents have won her many prestigious awards including winner in the Australian Songwriters Association competition in 2001, and she was recently asked to perform one of her original songs 'It's so Beautiful' for ABC TV's 'Stateline'.
As Marcia Hines put it:
"She is true showmanship and everybody loves that, she's got great conviction and commitment and with those two things it doesn't matter what you do in this life, you won't go wrong. You go girl!"
Chelsea J Gibson
- Top 20 Australian Idol finalist in 2003.
- Top 11 finalist on 'Popstars' for 'Bardot' in 1999.
- Winner of the 'Australasian Singing Championships' 1997.
- Graduate of the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts for
Musical theatre in 1995.
- Performed live on the T.V. show 'Fast Track to Fame' at
'Planet Hollywood Studios' in L.A. to an international audience of 40
million viewers. Sang at the famous 'Cat's Meow' in 'New Orleans'.
- Performed live at the 'Big Day Out' 2000 in the band 'Echo Plaza'.
- Supported 'Cruel Sea' and Jimmy Barnes.
- Sung with James Morrison at Winery's and Surfing Championships
- Supported Air Supply at Burswood Theatre in 2000.
- Performed at 'Singapore National Family Day' to 60,000 people
and had a residency at the 'Stop Over Pub' for 6 months.
- Top 10 in Performing Arts Certificate in 'Quest for Excellence' for
- Winner in Australian Songwriters Association Competition in 2001.
- Performed overseas in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, China and
- 16 years of training in singing, piano, acting, drums, songwriting,
harmonica, jazz, ballet and tap dancing.
- Studied the Suzuki Method of classical piano to grade 6 and Jazz
- In the movie 'Dingo' 1989 as lead female child role 'Jane'.
- T.V. Commercials and voice over's for radio 92.9 and Nova.
- Performed in 'Inspector Pickles' shows from 2000-2009 in W.A.
- Winner of the 2001 96fm SGIO $5000 minute of fame competition at
Subiaco Oval Western Derby.
- Currently recording her debut original solo album to be released
- Teaching private intuition of voice, songwriting and piano.
- Performing live at private functions and big events locally and